What is Dexpan?
Dexpan® is a non-explosive controlled demolition agent that comes in powder form.
When mixed with water and poured into pre-drilled holes Dexpan® generates an incredible 18,000 PSI expansive force that breaks concrete and rock safely and cost effectively with no noise, vibration or dust.
- Dexpan is a safe, effective and time-tested alternative to blasting, hydraulic breakers, jack hammering, etc
- Avoids the noise, dust or risk of damage, pollution or inconvenience to surrounding structures, neighbours or environment.
- Dexpan breaks rock and concrete in challenging scenarios where tool or machinery access is difficult
- Quiet - Dexpan works without the worries of noise, implosions or air blasts.
- Powerful - expansive force of over 18,000 PSI.
- Safe - No flying rock, dust, vibrations or pollution. Dexpan does not require shutdown conditions, secured storage, special shipping or insurance.
- Simple - 3 Steps: Drill Holes, Mix with Water, Pour
- Hassle-Free - Requires no special licenses, permits, training or certifications.
- Wear & Tear - Rock or concrete previously cracked with Dexpan is more easily broken, greatly reducing the wear and tear on machinery and workers.
- Environmentally Friendly - Non-toxic, made of natural minerals, safe for the environment.
- Controlled - Cracks according to designed drilling patterns for controlled demolition and easy clean up.
Dexpan solves a wide variety of concrete and rock breaking challenges
Dexpan is widely used by demolition, drilling and blasting contractors, excavation and mining companies, municipalities, utilities and the general public in a wide range of applications.
- Demolition, partial demolition and cutting of all types of concrete structures into desired shapes, sizes and to easily cut off rebar.
- Reinforced concrete foundations, retaining walls, pillars, beams, stair wells, patios, driveways, equipment pads
- Roadwork, bridges. piers, bank vaults.
Excavating and Rock Breaking
- Splitting and breaking boulders
- Excavating rock
- Rock and slab breaking for road expansion
- Excavation associated with tunneling
- Trenching and shaft sinking
- Suitable for use in commercial and residential developments
Stone Quarrying and Dimensioning
- Allows for non-explosive quarrying of limestone, onyx, marble, and granite
- Controlled expansive cracking avoids waste of valuable stone
- Silent demolition in areas where you can not use noisy demolition tools like demolition hammers, diamond blade concrete cutter saws, hydraulic breaker or demolition wrecking ball
- Non-explosive demolition when you can not use blasting explosives, TNT, dynamite, Nonex, primer cord due to blasting permits, licenses, restrictions and insurance costs.
- Dexpan non-explosive demolition agent can break rock and cut concrete underwater by using plastic tubing
Types of Dexpan
Choose Dexpan I, II or III based on the rock/concrete temperature and expected weather conditions.
|Dexpan® I||77°F - 104°C||25°C - 40°C|
|Dexpan® II||50°F - 77°F||10°C - 25°C|
|Dexpan® III||23°F - 50°F||-5°C - 10°C|
Dexpan is shipped by the Box or Bucket.
44 lb Box
Contains four 11 lb bags of Dexpan powder
11 lb Plastic Bucket
Contains one 11 lb bag of Dexpan powder
Based on 1 1/2" diameter holes:
|1||11 lb Bucket||9 linear feet|
|1||44 lb box||36 linear feet|
|50 (1 pallet)||50 x 44 lb boxes||1,800 linear feet|
|450 (half container)||450 x 44 lb boxes||16,200 linear feet|